Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Home away from Home

Amazing! Astounding! Doesn't get better! Wow!

Sort of your average Indian reactions when they see US the first time. I had a repeat syndrome after I visited here again after 3 long years. Yes I had spent a long time here, 10 yrs to be exact and then it was time to go back home.

I think it's something special about the Northwest - the whether, the people, the place, the outdoors - that sums it up. And of course except the business, US changes very slowly. The same food joints, the same favorite places. Deja Vu written all over it.

I dont know if something quite describes this feeling of seeing a place where you grew-up, where you questioned so many of your internalized values and where you took a stronger footing in life.

All in all a mesmerizing vacation. I am sure the question rings on both sides - those that stayed and those that didn't - how come i did? We're indeed fortunate and lucky! We're expats.

It's the best of both worlds silly!

No comments: